CIT Students' Union
- Do not carry large amounts of cash or any important documents, around with you unless you need them.
- Know how you are getting home before you go on a night out. A taxi between a few of you together could cost as little as €2 each.
- Always try and walk or travel with other or in a group, remember there is safety in numbers.
- Be mindful and careful that your bag is closed and close to you especially if you have to leave it down at any time.
- Always walk through well-lit areas at night time, never use shortcuts.
- Do not leave any expensive items or belongings (phones, cameras) visible in a bag or pocket.
- Be careful when withdrawing cash from an ATM watch who is around you.
- Trust your instincts. If you do not feel comfortable somewhere or with someone, LEAVE and contact someone you trust straight away.
- Log your phones IMEI number. If your phone is stolen then it can be turned off if thieves try to use it. To find out your number, look behind the battery or dial *#06# into your phone and it will display the IMEI number on your screen.
- Know your emergency contacts. Gardaí: 99 or 112. Local Garda Station ( Bishopstown 0214541012/ Anglesea Street 021452000).
- Take a look at the following link published by An Garda Síochána on persoanl safety.
- Here are a few tips on Personal Safety from USI (Union of Students in Ireland)