CIT Students' Union
It is important that you are aware of all the examination procedures and regulations for your course and to fully understand the overall examination process. For examination information, check in regularly to the CIT exams website at http://www.mycit.ie/examinations, if you have a query on exam timetables, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Important to be aware of the following:
- You must ensure that you are registered for the correct core modules and electives.
- You must read the Cork Institute of Technology Examination Code of Conduct before you sit your examinations (available at http://www.mycit.ie/examinations). If you are in breach of one of these rules you could be faced with an infringements hearing where you may receive a punishment of repeating your exam or worse. These rules should not be taken lightly.
- You should check your MyCit email account regularly as all information regarding examinations including deadlines will be emailed to you.
- Examination timetables are normally available approximately three weeks before end of Semester exams available here
- You must present a current student ID card at all examinations. Should you forget/misplace your student card, you should declare this to an invigilator before the exam commences and present an alternative form of ID e.g. driving licence, passport etc. if possible. The invigilator will then get you to sign a piece of paper. You will then have to present your student card/replacement student card to the exams office ASAP (usually within 3 days)
- You may be entitled to examination supports such as a scribe, reader, interpreter, laptop or a separate exam centre, if you have any questions about such supports, please email: email@example.com
- If you are a student whose first language is not English, you may be entitled to the use of a dictionary in your examinations. See the CIT examination website at http://www.mycit.ie/examinations for further information on this.
- Examination results: Instructions on accessing your results online will be emailed to your MyCIT email account before examination results are issued. All fees must be paid or you will not be able to view your results, as there will be a hold on your account.
Any questions about your exams?
Rej Makinano, Vice President Education
E: Sueducation@cit.ie, Tel: 087 062 4830